How to Fold a Fitted Sheet
7 Steps to folding a fitted sheet perfectly:
- Step 1: Take your fresh-from-the-dryer sheet. Holding the fitted sheet length-wise, locate all four corners.
- Step 2: Inside out your sheet and place each hand inside the corners, directly at the seams. Your hands should now be inside each of the sheet’s top two corners and the opening of the sheet should now face your body.
- Step 3: Bring your right hand to your left, grab the corner and flip the right corner of the sheet over the left. Adjust until the two are aligned. Both corners should now be in your left hand.
- Step 4: Run your hand along the front-facing edge of the sheet. Pick up the third corner and tuck corners one and two inside (note: the third corner should be facing inside-out).
- Step 5: Find the last corner and place your hand inside, at the seams. Repeat Step 3 by bringing your right hand to your left. Grab the corner by the seam and flip.
- Step 6: Adjust and straighten the fitted sheet such that all corners are tucked in to one another. The elasticized edges should form an “L-shape”.
- Step 7: Lay your fitted sheet on a flat surface. Square off the edges and fold into halves, or thirds, depending on the desired size.
Hurrah! You've just learned how to fold a fitted sheet!