How to Make Sleepy Time Tea
A simple recipe for delicious nighttime tea
Sipping on a warm cup of tea can help to calm and delight before bedtime. Teas containing chamomile, lemon balm, passionflower, and lavender act as natural sleep aids, helping you to unwind and prepare for sleep. Looking for a simple, effective bedtime tea? Try our calming, aromatic tea recipe below.
- A teapot (electric or stovetop)
- Your favorite mug or teacup
- A tea infuser
- 3 parts chamomile
- 2 parts peppermint
- 2 parts lemon balm
- 1 part lavender and passionflower
- 1 part catnip
- 1/4 part valerian root
Here's what to do:
- Combine and lightly mix herbs in a bowl.
- Boil water on the stove.
- Place ½–1 tablespoon of tea in a tea infuser.
- Place infuser in the mug, and fill the mug with hot water.
- Let your tea steep for 2-5 minutes before removing the infuser.
- Enjoy your warm cup of tea, and sweet dreams!
You'll likely have tea leftover, but don't let it go to waste! Save any extra herbal tea blend in an airtight container, and store the container in a cool, dark, and dry place to enjoy for weeks to come.
Still not sleeping as well as you'd like? Check out our tips on how to sleep better; your best night's sleep is just a few steps away.